Not received reply from RTI even after 30 days can I ask to pay fine

Is the application seeker is having a right to collect a fine amount imposed by PIO on not furnishing of information in stipulated time (30days) on filing of RTI

Answer

You cannot ask for the fine. In case no reply is received within 30 days of filing RTI application,  you should file first appeal within 30 days from the date the reply should have been received. Thus it should be within 60 days from date of submission of RTI application. You have to add 10 days for both side postal transit period. 
Usually few days delay is not a cause for not accepting first appeal. You may file first appeal. 

Popular R.T.I Lawyers

Advocate Anil Kumar Singh
Brahmaputra Enclave, Ranchi
Advocate Saket Bisaani
Gavipuram Extension, Bangalore