New state not providing my ST caste certificate. What to do?

what should i do know-I live in state 'X' and we have been migrated from other state'Y' since british actual cast is ST(schedule tribe) in state 'Y' but state 'X'(current state) is not giving me ST certificate.But in other states our cast is given ST category.I had filed a response Rti said seek this information from your migrated state'Y'.what to do?

Answers (1)

156 votes

The Public Information Officer is required to forward your application to the appropriate authority if they are not the concerned department that would have the information. It appears that they have not done so.

You should file an appeal with the officer senior to the one that you had first moved your application to. Also, move another application with the state that you have migrated from.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular R.T.I Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
7 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the R.T.I Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles