Need clarification on the procedure to get info from magistrate

Dear sir/ madam, I want some information from district magistrate. Which department I chose in rtionline portal for information to District Magistrate please guide me step by step I am very thankful to you.

Answers (2)

64 votes

Dear Sir/Ma'am

Using the online portal at, you can only access information from Central Govt. Departments and institutions.
The District Magistrate of every district serves under the state govt. So, RTIs to DM of a district cannot be filed online on the portal unless you are seeking information from any of the DMs serving under the Delhi Govt.
The Delhi Govt has launched a similar portal for online application which can be accessed here-

Do let me know if you need any sort of help/assistance in drafting/filing your RTI Application.

-Adv. Akash Kumar Upadhyay

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

343 votes

A designated Information officer is attached to all district magistrate's offices and his name and address is also displayed in district magistrate's office and also on web site.
you can seek information either offline or online by depositing Rs.10/. while seeking information, please also mention that you are prepared to pay additional charges,if any, which may be payable extra to make extracts/copies of information required.

Popular R.T.I Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Anil Kumar Singh
Brahmaputra Enclave, Ranchi
8 years Experience
Advocate Saket Bisaani
Gavipuram Extension, Bangalore
6 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the R.T.I Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Bank of Baroda ne Feb. Mai ek test Lia -sweeper cum peon uska result Abhi aaya h mere marks 68.33/100 h by mera result mai naam ni hai or unhone merri…

Read More

I am pursuing my post graduation from a university in the course of Msc. Education but the course was not recognized by NCTE (national council for tea…

Read More

I want to file rti against my university for seeking information about correction in my degree and printing of the same. I know the public information…

Read More


Read More