More than 45 days of RTI filling but no response yet

I have filed online RTI to transport department Delhi regarding DL issuing to monocular vision person. It's been 45 days there is no response from them. I have filed 1st appeal but still no response from them nor they have rejected it.. What should I do now ?

This is called Deemed Refusal when the authority fails to provide information within the specified period is deemed to be refusal. In such cases, you can go to the next RTI step of getting information, by way of an appeal (Which you did).
Generally, it takes another 15-20 days, provided they give the reasons for the delay in writing.
The second appeal must be within ninety days from the date on which the decision should have been made by the first appellate authority, or was actually received by the appellant.
For further queries, you can contact me.
Happy to help.

Dear friend,
Under RTI you can ask for information which is available in the records of the Public Authority. Answering questions of the academic nature is not envisaged though.
For issuance of a Driving Licence, one has to be physically fit, and has to be so certified by a Medical Doctor. Monocular vision has limited-depth of viewing area compared to a Binacular vision. But an applicant with a single eye is not barred from obtaining a DL if in the opinion of the Doctor he has good vision to drive on road.
As regards reply to your query, you may wait for 30 days (after the Appelllate Authority has received your appeal).

If no response is forthcoming, you may file second appeal before the Chief Information Commission.

Popular R.T.I Lawyers

Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala

Kindly mention which region of Delhi transport office was involved.There are 13 MLO in delhi, each has got it's own jurdication to answer RTI enquiries.
Otherwise you can also write to :

1. OIC (Care Taking) 5/9, Under Hill Rd, Delhi.

2. MLO(HQ) 5/9,Under Hill Road,Delhi-5 also at [email protected]