Legal remedies if a university checks exam papers incorrectly

I had done an RTI a few months back regarding my exam paper photocopy of two subjects, I got those photocopies and I found that my exam copy was checked by the professor very incorrectly and no marks were given even to correct answers. It was a deliberate attempt to fail me in these 2 subjects where I got just 6 & 9 marks respectively. After complaining to the authority their response is very negative. They said according to law i cant do anything now. There is no law which forces a university to recheck my paper and punish the culprit professor. I just want to know Is their is any provision in our law so that i get justice.. this is about my future and no one is helping.. No support from university yet.. Very much confused.

Answers (1)

224 votes

One more time you can write to the vice Chancellor of the University through Controller of Examinations annexing the photocopy of the answer sheet and demanding immediate revaluation of the answer sheets as the answers were left unchecked and unevaluated. Still, if you don't get any response from them within 7 days, file a writ petition under Art 226 in the High Court of your state. That will be the best remedy in your case

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular R.T.I Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
7 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the R.T.I Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles