Laws for persons with disabilities if he attempts suicide

Hi. I want to ask if someone attempts suicide and manages to survive his/her attempt, but become a person with disability, can he/she challenge the person who tortured him/her to attempt suicide, in the court or not? A girl was molested & cheated when she was in a relationship with this person. In the end, she had no choice but to attempt suicide, now she wants to take that person to the court. Can she get any justice?

Answers (2)

The girl cannot challenge on the ground that she attempted suicide due to the molestation or cheating by the person in the relationship because on this ground the girl itself will be liable for the attempt to suicide under section 309 IPC. But she can challenge on the other grounds that she was molested or cheated when she was in the relationship with that person.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Hi, the facts mentioned by you is Indicative of two directions. Firstly any person who had molested, cheated and tortured can definitely be taken to task, have no doubts about it. Secondly about blame of disability and claims it will fall from positive out come of first case. You must obtain knowledge of the procedure how to go about it before going ahead, if you so decide.

Popular R.T.I Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate Anil Kumar Singh
Brahmaputra Enclave, Ranchi
8 years Experience
Advocate Saket Bisaani
Gavipuram Extension, Bangalore
6 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the R.T.I Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I basically have 3 queries:- 1. If we have collected any information or data through rti than are we free to share to share the same with anyone and e…

Read More

i need my decesed husband account statement from co operative Bank.which sec.apply for RTI in co operative bank?…

Read More

Normally 3 times announcements are made by the Church prior to before first marriage so that any members if has any legal issues. Does this rule also …

Read More

Dear Lawyers, While contesting my DV case, I come to know that my wife cheated me & had been married to a guy few years before our marriage. But p…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue