Land and property details of father and grandfather through RTI

I am from Hindu family .I want to know that whole property and land details of my father and grandfather both lives in Bihar and I live in Delhi. Please help me if I can get the details by file RTI . Is RTI helpful for getting the whole details.

Answers (1)

238 votes

Dear Friend,
The Public Authorities are obligated to furnish any information available in their records, but the RTI is not an instrument to search information for a citizen.
You can file RTI applications with respective land revenue, property tax and other authorities by furnishing the identification details of the properties.
But I am doubtful that under RTI you can find the information you are looking for.
Best wishes.
Luv Kumar

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular R.T.I Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Anil Kumar Singh
Brahmaputra Enclave, Ranchi
8 years Experience
Advocate Saket Bisaani
Gavipuram Extension, Bangalore
6 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the R.T.I Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Can person who has an criminal record file RTI against a woman and ask for personal details eg how many activa they have and from where money came how…

Read More

My wife has done her graduation in BA (Arts )from Dr B R Ambedkar university agra in 2004-2007 session. Now she wants to take admission in BA.BEd inte…

Read More

We are the top floor tenant in an industrial building in Mumbai, the new landlord has initiated a process of installing a mobile tower on the terrace …

Read More

A person without any reason is harassing us to complaint to many Govt. departments. Everybody has enquired about us but nothing wrong has been detecte…

Read More