Is the rate of land use same for commercial use and for hospital use?

A hospital is running in a residential area since 1994 when no provision was in existence for 1.Converting it into commercial and 2. no land was separately allocated for hospitals. In 2006 the road was made "commercial".

Now the owner Doctor wants to re-erect the hospital. Can the MC ask for CLU ( change of land use)? Is the rate of land use same for Commercial use and for hospital use? (hospital has been classified seperately as "social infrastructure" "institution" etc )

Answer

Yes, even if the building is in existence before the provision came into effect, you are required to fill up the form and seek permission for the Conversion / CLU as you are running the hospital in a residential area which requires prior approval. So it will be better for you to apply for the same before the MCD demands it.

The rate shall be different and shall depend on the use of land. It will differ as the land is beng used as a hospital and is not being put up for commercial use. 

However, we will be in a better position to guide you once we know the specifications of the Hospital like the capacity, the area covered and so on.

Popular R.T.I Lawyers

Advocate Anil Kumar Singh
Brahmaputra Enclave, Ranchi
Advocate Saket Bisaani
Gavipuram Extension, Bangalore