Is the rate of land use same for commercial use and for hospital use?

A hospital is running in a residential area since 1994 when no provision was in existence for 1.Converting it into commercial and 2. no land was separately allocated for hospitals. In 2006 the road was made "commercial".

Now the owner Doctor wants to re-erect the hospital. Can the MC ask for CLU ( change of land use)? Is the rate of land use same for Commercial use and for hospital use? (hospital has been classified seperately as "social infrastructure" "institution" etc )

Answers (1)

492 votes

Yes, even if the building is in existence before the provision came into effect, you are required to fill up the form and seek permission for the Conversion / CLU as you are running the hospital in a residential area which requires prior approval. So it will be better for you to apply for the same before the MCD demands it.

The rate shall be different and shall depend on the use of land. It will differ as the land is beng used as a hospital and is not being put up for commercial use. 

However, we will be in a better position to guide you once we know the specifications of the Hospital like the capacity, the area covered and so on.

Kindly contact us for any further details and action.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular R.T.I Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
8 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the R.T.I Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles