Is it legal to run factories in residential area? Where to complain?

In my locality some people from different localities are running factories and its illegal to run a factories in residential area. So where to complain about it and how to get rid of this as pollution caused due to this factories leads to different diseases. So where should I complain? In the enviromental department or where?

Also, noise is caused by these factories. So please tell me where I should put RTI and what next step I should take to stop these illegal factories?

With respect to the pollution being caused by these illegal factories, you can file a written complaint in the State Pollution Control Board.

One can even register a complaint with the police for noise pollution and therefore you have both the options available to you.
And with respect to the factories being illegal, you can approach the Municipal authorities and file a written complaint. If no action is taken within 30 days, you can then file an RTI with the Municipal Authority.

You can even file a civil suit for causing public nuisance against the said factory being run in the residential area.

Popular R.T.I Lawyers

Advocate Kanwarjit Singh Pruthi
District Court, Patiala
Advocate Kartik Kumar
Shimla GPO, Shimla
Advocate Jugendra Singh
District Court, Ghaziabad, Ghaziabad