Is it legal to run factories in residential area? Where to complain?

In R.T.I Law

In my locality some people from different localities are running factories and its illegal to run a factories in residential area. So where to complain about it and how to get rid of this as pollution caused due to this factories leads to different diseases. So where should I complain? In the enviromental department or where?

Also, noise is caused by these factories. So please tell me where I should put RTI and what next step I should take to stop these illegal factories?

Answers (1)

232 votes

With respect to the pollution being caused by these illegal factories, you can file a written complaint in the State Pollution Control Board.

One can even register a complaint with the police for noise pollution and therefore you have both the options available to you.
And with respect to the factories being illegal, you can approach the Municipal authorities and file a written complaint. If no action is taken within 30 days, you can then file an RTI with the Municipal Authority.

You can even file a civil suit for causing public nuisance against the said factory being run in the residential area.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular R.T.I Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
14 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
9 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the R.T.I Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles