High tension cable hanging low. Illegal construction. Possible action?

We have high tension wires hanging over our home. The height is very low and it hangs 2-3 feet from the terrace. All the houses in our locality are Illegal constructions and we are afraid that if we complain about the wires, the house may be bulldozed as well.

How do we get the low hanging cables removed without any risk to our houses being razed as well?

Answer

If your colony is unauthorized then it will be removed pursuant to order’s of government. There are many unauthorized colonies in Delhi which have been regularized by the Government. 

You can check on the below mentioned site whether your colony has been regularized:

http://delhi.gov.in/wps/wcm/connect/doit_udd/Urban+Development/Our+Services/Unauthorized+Colonies+Cells+(UC)/

Further, the present matter pertains to Power Transmission Department of your city and they have no power to remove your colonies. However the transmission lines and other electrical installation has to be legal, otherwise they will not rectify your problem and might also disconnect the supply of electricity.

These wires as you mentioned in your query are dangerous and may result in a fatal accident. So we suggest you to immediately to make a compliant to your nearest Power Transmission Department.

Popular R.T.I Lawyers

Advocate Anil Kumar Singh
Brahmaputra Enclave, Ranchi
Advocate Saket Bisaani
Gavipuram Extension, Bangalore