Can I file RTI for information from private company

I used to work in Accenture for Google process. I want to file a sexual and mental harassment case on a particular person and want to find out about his transfer from Gurgaon to Hyderabad through RTI?

Answers (1)

85 votes

RTI Act is not applicable to private companies or organizations. You can obtain such information by writing directly to them or through the personal sources and links. To file case of sexual harassment you can Lodge FIR or make a compliant directly to MD or any other authority of company. They are bound by law to hold an enquiry as per direction of supreme Court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular R.T.I Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
7 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the R.T.I Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles