Can an RTI be filed to seek information of acting VC's and registrars?

An applicant seek information about list of Acting VC and list of Acting Registrar from 1992 onwards , filed on 2013. Although we have list of all VCs and Registrars, but no proper data about whom is acting and whom is full term and have no proper office order to this effect. Being not receiving proper reply, now applicant approaches to Information Commission. We got several oral warning to disclose data else they may fine us. What to do ? Please help us .

Answers (1)

203 votes

If as per law it is mandatory to disclose the information about Acting VC and  Registrar from 1992 onwards , then under law you are required to disclose the same.

If you do not have  proper data, then you clearly mention and provide the relevant information you possess.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular R.T.I Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
8 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the R.T.I Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles