Can a 3rd person file an RTI to obtain the legal owner of the property

A person has illegally occupied a piece of land.The actual owner of that land is unknown.There is a news that the actual owner has moved out of India with his relatives.So basically there is no one from actual owner's side to claim the said property but the fact is confirmed that there was no kind of legal transfer of ownership of that land between both parties. My question is:- Can a third person who is not at all related to illegal occupant or to the actual owner,file an RTI and make the illegal occupant answerable to prove the ownership of occupied land. I request some lawyer to answer this query.I will get in touch with him/her for further assistance/advice. Thanks

Dear sir, The RTI act is not applicable on private person, and he is not answerable if any person sent him a rti application for their queries. RTI application can only send to a government organization or government funded society.

Popular R.T.I Lawyers

Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala