Unable to get back my money from laptop dealer

I purchsed a 2nd hand laptop from a dealer in Kolkata in July, 2016 at Rs.13000. He gave me a written invoice in a paper. The laptop started having problems after 2 days. I returned back my Laptop to him and reached to an agreement that he will not return the full amount but will return me back Rs.10000. We made a written agreement as he said he was unable yo pay the amount at that time and he will pay me directly in my bank account provided in the agreement. After that I left Kolkata and I'm bangalore now. He still (25 sept, 2016) has not paid the money. Whenever I call, he says he cant pay. He is still doing his business in Kolkata. What can I do to recover my money??

Answers (2)

336 votes

You need to file a money recovery suit jurisdictional civil court. This would take many years and the expenses you would incur would be much more than the amount due to you. You issue him a notice threatening that you would file a cheating case against him for which he may oblige paying you the amount. Otherwise only personal persuasion should get you the money.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

294 votes


you can send him the legal notice for recovery of the money and for the damages that you faced. Please visit a Lawyer with the agreement and the relevant documents for more clarification.


Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles