Summons for settlement of issues, SUIT for Recovery

In Recovery Law
A summon for settlement of issues for SUIT for recovery was sent to me over whatsapp, SBI VS me to appear before ARC/ACJ/CCJ patiala house courts on 19th Feb. I was unable to pay my car loan due to my father's prolonged illness and I had lost my father due to this as well. Now I am arranging funds to pay of the debt to SBI in full; however, I will not be able to appear in court on the date given in summon. I have 2 questions: 1) What happens if I would not be able to appear in the court on the date given in summon, would next hearing be given to me or case would be heard and finalized in my absence. This is the first hearing date given to me. 2) Would I get extension for few days to pay of the debt to the bank. 3) If I get the extension and I pay everything in full to the bank, would the case appeared in my background check whenever I join a new organization. I am working in IT sector and every time we switch job, new organization conducts a background check? Thanks Rajeev Singh

Answers (2)

65 votes

Sir, Adverse order may pass against you, if fails to appear before the Court on the next date of hearing.
Further, your advocate may attend the matter and may disclose all your views in front of the Hon'ble Court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

91 votes

Greetings for the day. Since you have received the summons from the concerned court in a suit filed by SBI , you should engage a lawyer immediately and follow his advise. The lawyer will help you and seek time for settling the issues by requesting the court and referring the case to mediation cell.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles