Sir regarding claiming damage loss amount from ancestral property

Sir can I claim amount with interest for loss incurred by my father & sisters adamently refusing to give my ancestral property share for past 20 years? I can produce 10 witness in court . If they would have paid 20 year s back I would not have to sell my plot very cheaply on which I had loan. Please advice is there any law is there? Thanks.

Answers (1)

54 votes

It can not be proved only by witnesses but all the documents and circumstances and related evidence will be taken into consideration. However, if you are going to file a petition for partition then, you can add a clause in your prayer regarding the payment of arrears by your family.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles