Seller not returning token advance amount as flat in bad condition

Hello sirs, I wanted to purchase a flat in vrindavan for 18 lakhs.. I reside in USA so looking at the pictures on i decided to buy the flat.. i paid 5lakh per seller request as token money just to secure a spot.. now my friend who lives in vrindavan actually saw the house and it is in very bad shape.. the seller wrongly posted old pictures.. we never signed any legal deed.. i transferred money to his bank account online. I have all communication over email saved.. now he is refusing to pay the money saying he has invested it and that i should wait for 4 months and then he will pay in installments.. also he is posing as owner.. but house is not registered under his name.. another person has the title on his own name.. What can be done in this case sirs? Can i sue this guy or am I screwed because of stupidly giving him 5 lakh blindly.. Thank you,

Answers (2)

94 votes

You can file case for recovering his money within 3 year from the date of the when you handover money/ Rs to the builders before competent fourm but before file recovery claim , send legal notice to the builders through advocate for 15 days and also file criminal case againt said builders after looking recard..

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

162 votes

Have u any email conversation with company ????If u have then tell me ...
In general u can file a criminal case against the person whom u had transfer the amount .There is new law in UP named RERA .This law will also help .It is better for u talk to me on phone .I am sure I will provide a genuine solution of ur problem.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles