Seller not returning token advance amount as flat in bad condition

Hello sirs, I wanted to purchase a flat in vrindavan for 18 lakhs.. I reside in USA so looking at the pictures on 99acres.com i decided to buy the flat.. i paid 5lakh per seller request as token money just to secure a spot.. now my friend who lives in vrindavan actually saw the house and it is in very bad shape.. the seller wrongly posted old pictures.. we never signed any legal deed.. i transferred money to his bank account online. I have all communication over email saved.. now he is refusing to pay the money saying he has invested it and that i should wait for 4 months and then he will pay in installments.. also he is posing as owner.. but house is not registered under his name.. another person has the title on his own name.. What can be done in this case sirs? Can i sue this guy or am I screwed because of stupidly giving him 5 lakh blindly.. Thank you,

You can file case for recovering his money within 3 year from the date of the when you handover money/ Rs to the builders before competent fourm but before file recovery claim , send legal notice to the builders through advocate for 15 days and also file criminal case againt said builders ...rest after looking recard..

Have u any email conversation with company ????If u have then tell me ...
In general u can file a criminal case against the person whom u had transfer the amount .There is new law in UP named RERA .This law will also help .It is better for u talk to me on phone .I am sure I will provide a genuine solution of ur problem.