My dad given 2 lakh rupees to one of his friend without paper work only by cash physically reaching.during that time another one friend was present as witness.the borrower persons assured that he would give one lakh as a interest with total 3 lakh in a month.but it is five month almost he does not return the money and phone is switched off when we reached to his home , the door was locked , my dad and he works in a same govt office. So how to recovery the amount. Even he is neither attending office nor picking up phone call.

Answers (3)

220 votes

I have perused the contents of your query and would advise you to issue a strongly worded legal notice to the concerned through a lawyer followed by a Suit for recovery. Better particulars are required.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

205 votes

As there is no invoice and written proof your only option is to file an FIR against the person under section 420, 406 IPC. I am sure you must be having WhatsApp or any other conversation on record to prove the transaction.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
220 votes

what about your witness.? ask him that where is he.. if witness does not know. so u can file a case against that person.. borrower..your don't have any paper Or documents.. do u have any CCTV footage of that area.. Or any call recording or any other proof.? if you r in same office so you can open his record book and you might b know his other address or native place..

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles