Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Refund of amount paid to construction company for delay possession.

Sir, 02 year back I had paid six lakh to a hagwood commercial pvt Ltd Nagpur to book a flat in pre-launch offer . But till date it is not launch. After that I applied for refund of my money 04 month back. But till date it is not refunded. So please advise me what to do.? can I ask for interest also for the said period.?

Answers (3)

Yes, you can recover your money along with interest by filling civil suit. You can also file a criminal case against the builder. Kindly let me know if you have done any paper work before paying 6 lakhs rupees. Also let me know by which mode have you paid the builder. For further detailed line of action and advice kindly book a consultancy call.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Send a legal notice as soon as possible. Also ask them to pay the interest till date in the legal notice alongwith the amount paid. If they do not respond then you can file a case with consumer Commission.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
5 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
25 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
15 years Experience

Hi. By what mode did you make the payment? Did the builder give you any allotment letter or any receipt acknowledging receipt of payment against flat booked? Since project is not yet launched, it's difficult to say whether it can be considered as an 'ongoing project' so that it can come under the ambit of RERA law. I suggest you nevertheless file a complaint with RERA saying that despite mandated by law, the builder has not registered the project and also demand refund of your money with interest since you intend to withdraw from the project. Simultaneously also lodge a police complaint against the builder and issue a legal notice to the builder. I hope you get remedy under RERA, otherwise the route of filing a suit for recovery of money will be long and time consuming and would incur costs, which defeats the purpose.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Legal Notice for Recovery of Dues

4.5 | 394 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Recovery Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 457 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Recovery of Dues issue
Similar questions

I had already paid money to gym owner through Paytm as he agreed to get the payment through Paytm and the payment had gone through successfully, but h…

Read More

Hi All, I have taken personal loan from fullerton india 258,000 AUD and I have paid 7 EMI's till Aug 2015, however due to family health issues and…

Read More

We are from poor family and a 3. Sisters and a brother. We 3 girls studied through maternal grand father help. To my brother we made to study b.tech t…

Read More

I took the personal loan from Standard Charter Bank since 3 Year back. I had paid my all installment on timely bases till one and half year. suddenly …

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue