Recovery of payment from client, can i get work banned from telecast

I did visual effects of two ad films of two products for a client in bangladesh who has office in Kolkata. They operated from Kolkata office for this project. I got a 45% advance. After delivery they are not paying the balance. This ad films are now getting telecast in different Indian channels. These two products are available in India. I want to stop the telecast of these ad films. How fast can I do it? How? Because ad films generally run for max 6 months. Would be great if I can stop telecast of any other ad film/s of these two products for which I worked. Will it be possible? How fast?

Definitely, you can file a suit for recovery of money and make a prayer for grant of injunction against them to prevent them from telecasting the ad film. An application for stay would have to be made for stay of telecast of ad fiilm. If you have an agreement / contract then file that as well with your suit along with any emails exchanged between the parties where they have agreed to pay you. Have you already sent them a legal notice for the recovery of the balance money? The only thing in the suit is that you will have to pay court fees. You can get relief pretty quickly. Stay order can be obtained on the first day of listing of the matter. You can file this in Kolkata itself.

Hi you can file a suit against them provided you have valid contracts and obtain an injunction against the company. That way the court will restrain the party and TV channels from telecasting the ads.

This depends upon the terms of the agreement between you both. Still non-payment can be a ground for restraining them. You need to take immediate step by sending a notice and then filing a case.
We can suggest a proper way only after getting certain basic information and looking at the documents.
Please feel free to contact us for a more detailed discussion.
Regards
Atit Jain, Advocate