Recovery of Money from a Friend

I have given a sum amount of money to my friend. But now he ignore my calls, reject my call. 4-5 time i went to his house but there is no response from there side. I also have a proof of money transfer. can you suggest any legal case against him or any other method to recovery my money.

Answers (2)

238 votes

First things first: collect all proof of transaction between you and your friend at one place. By taking screenshots of messages on phone and their printouts, printouts of emails etc. Also other evidence like bounced cheque, if any, etc. Write your facts down as how the transaction happened between you and your friend till when was the last you had communication with him. Also write important dates.

Next issue a notice (preferably through lawyer) on your friend's addresses. If he still doesn't pay then file a case recovery case in court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

309 votes

Now you have option to send one legal notice after this is your friend is not responding then you can file a civil suit before the civil court ,apart from this you frnd had given you any blank cheque then you can deposit it and file 138 N.I act criminal case

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles