Proceedings of a decree execution after 12 years

Hi Sir, We have a land on our grandfather's Name. He had 4(let's say A,B,C,D) Sons. After he passed away, one among those 4(Let's Say D) occupied the land. So my father(B) went to court for partitioning of the property. Court had given decree in favor of 4 (Equal partitions). But due to some health issues, my father couldn't file an execution petition in 12 years and the property is still in the hands of D. Recently we came to know, from a notice in a news paper, that D had created documents on his name and he had put the property for mortgage in a bank. So please advice what are the possibilities we have, 1. Do we still have rights on our grandfather's property? 2. How to proceed to get our share of the land? can we file an execution petition? or do we need to go to court for decree again? 3. How to stop Bank from auctioning the land? 4. Do we have any possibility to file a criminal case against D(who mortgaged it) for cheating us and Bank? Please advice.

Answers (1)

243 votes

This is Anoop Thakur Advocate
Yes you can execute and don't worry about your share but also don't may it law late anymore
Take immediate action to avoid inconvenience
Feel free to contact me
Thank you

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles