Partner took loan for property not paid bank harassing me

I own a property in west delhi. A couple of years ago, a friend(which i later found out to be fraud) fooled me and made me a partner in his small business firm and took a loan from a reputed bank against my property with some insider help and incomplete document and without giving me any share(of which i have proof). He said he was in financial crisis and would pay the loan as soon as possible. But later he disappeared and the manager got transferred and the bank wants me to pay the whole amount. When asked for help, they don't want to even talk. Please tell me what steps should be taken?

Answers (1)

241 votes

Given the facts you have stated, you should file a suit for mandatory injunction against the Bank disclosing that your friend/partner has acted fraudulently and had by fraud obtain your consent to give your property as collateral security. In this suit you can apply to the court to restrain the bank from taking any action against you or your property and thereby secure your own assets. Further, you can make this partner also a party and seek proper remedy against him.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles