Money given to friend as loan - not returning

Hi, I have given 1 Lac to my friend but he is not paying back. I tried many times and he promised that he will pay my money back but from more than a year I am not able to connect with him as his phone has been switched off. When i spoke to his own real brother, he is not willing to provide Jagbir's current mobile no. i gave money thru NEFT in his wife's account. He paid 20000/- thru Cash deposit in my account. Please advise.

Answers (2)

1. You may send him a legal notice through an advocate asking him to repay the amount, stating therein that if he doesnt pay, legal action shall follow. People tend to take legal notices seriously out of fear of court cases.
2. You can directly file a civil suit for recovery before the court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Since you have a proof about the payment and also about him having deposited a part payment, you should issue him a legal notice for the recovery of the remainder amount. We can also tell him of the consequences if he does not make the payment about having him come to the court and also pay the principle and the interest thereon.

Thanks and Regards

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

15 Minutes Recovery Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 457 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Recovery of Dues issue
Legal Notice for Recovery of Dues

4.5 | 394 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Similar questions

I am runing a business of welding rods wherein I have supplied the rods to a steel fabricator but he did not give me my money and is not picking …

Read More

I registered in a car driver agency as i need a driver last month. I paid them 15000 for providing me a driver. For due to some reason, i had to cance…

Read More

My father who is now 87 years old and suffering memory loss issues is now being asked by a close relative to pay back an alleged sum of Rs 20000 wit…

Read More

Can an evidence obtained from unofficial sources be presented in court? Can court ask the source of such evidence? Please explain…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue