Money given to friend as loan - not returning

Hi, I have given 1 Lac to my friend but he is not paying back. I tried many times and he promised that he will pay my money back but from more than a year I am not able to connect with him as his phone has been switched off. When i spoke to his own real brother, he is not willing to provide Jagbir's current mobile no. i gave money thru NEFT in his wife's account. He paid 20000/- thru Cash deposit in my account. Please advise.

1. You may send him a legal notice through an advocate asking him to repay the amount, stating therein that if he doesnt pay, legal action shall follow. People tend to take legal notices seriously out of fear of court cases.
2. You can directly file a civil suit for recovery before the court.

Sir,

Since you have a proof about the payment and also about him having deposited a part payment, you should issue him a legal notice for the recovery of the remainder amount. We can also tell him of the consequences if he does not make the payment about having him come to the court and also pay the principle and the interest thereon.

Thanks and Regards