×

Luggage carried by an acquaintance is not returned to me, what to do

I had requested an acquaintance of me to carry my luggage with gift items/electronics (i have all bills) to India from abroad. Now the person is not returning my items and doing all sort of drama/lies. I have been requesting her politely but of no use. I managed to contact her directly through a local friend but she is ignoring and not ready to talk. Further, she is making false obligations that i am harassing her. I guess easy way to distract and escape. I have always been polite. How should i proceed ? Can i get any legal support especially me not being in her location ? And what if she files a false complaint against me. What should i do ?

Dear client,
you can file police complaint against her, at the time of police complaint you have to produce proper evidence to the police officer. The complaint should be filed on or before her complaint.

You can file a suit for recovery of movable property. You can give a power of attorney to a local trusted person for filling a suit. You can also file criminal case against for which kindly provide me with more detail facts. Kindly preserve the conversation between you and her with regards to the luggage. For any further clarification and detailed advice kindly book a consultancy call.