Luggage carried by an acquaintance is not returned to me, what to do

I had requested an acquaintance of me to carry my luggage with gift items/electronics (i have all bills) to India from abroad. Now the person is not returning my items and doing all sort of drama/lies. I have been requesting her politely but of no use. I managed to contact her directly through a local friend but she is ignoring and not ready to talk. Further, she is making false obligations that i am harassing her. I guess easy way to distract and escape. I have always been polite. How should i proceed ? Can i get any legal support especially me not being in her location ? And what if she files a false complaint against me. What should i do ?

Answers (2)

333 votes

Dear client,
you can file police complaint against her, at the time of police complaint you have to produce proper evidence to the police officer. The complaint should be filed on or before her complaint.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

292 votes

You can file a suit for recovery of movable property. You can give a power of attorney to a local trusted person for filling a suit. You can also file criminal case against for which kindly provide me with more detail facts. Kindly preserve the conversation between you and her with regards to the luggage. For any further clarification and detailed advice kindly book a consultancy call.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I' worked for distributer. I deposit 200000/-for this with any proof..I told my distributer I'm going to leaving my job pls setted my commisti…

Read More

Worked with a senior representative of a reputed brand offering some digital marketing services clearly called out goals and results in the proposal. …

Read More

Respected Sir, I went to a placement agency in our town on 1st November 2015 with bad unemployment problem. She asked Rs.2000 fee, and after some days…

Read More

Hi I am supplier to department of employment and training In Punjab Tamilnadu Orissa Karnataka and to Orissa state industrial development corporation …

Read More