Legal procedure to recover money from borrower

Borrower is govt employee and owns home on loan as well. Borrower took money from me for personal commitments and failed to repay. Which evidence can make lender more stronger to recover money from borrower. the primitive thoughts are promissory note is that enough??

Promissory note is definitely a valid document but may not be Enough unless the facts are self evident wherein you bring out his said liability due to you very clearly. It would be handy if you could demonstrate the lending of money through either of your Bank Statements or by Statements of any other eye witnesses. If you had obtained any post dated Cheque/s or had entered into any Agreement, such documents will definitely make your case more stronger with more evidences.

If the payment is made through cheque u can produce the bank statement for having made the payment, if the same is by cash, the cash receipt can be produced. If any mail/letter correspondences are made wherein the borrower has acknowledged the debt the same can be used.

New Friends Colony, Delhi
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore