Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Legal procedure to recover money from borrower

Borrower is govt employee and owns home on loan as well. Borrower took money from me for personal commitments and failed to repay. Which evidence can make lender more stronger to recover money from borrower. the primitive thoughts are promissory note is that enough??

Answers (2)

Promissory note is definitely a valid document but may not be Enough unless the facts are self evident wherein you bring out his said liability due to you very clearly. It would be handy if you could demonstrate the lending of money through either of your Bank Statements or by Statements of any other eye witnesses. If you had obtained any post dated Cheque/s or had entered into any Agreement, such documents will definitely make your case more stronger with more evidences.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


If the payment is made through cheque u can produce the bank statement for having made the payment, if the same is by cash, the cash receipt can be produced. If any mail/letter correspondences are made wherein the borrower has acknowledged the debt the same can be used.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
5 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
25 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
15 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Legal Notice for Recovery of Dues

4.5 | 394 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Recovery Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 457 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Recovery of Dues issue
Similar questions

I had given some stitching work of about 70 pieces to someone in Bangalore. She stopped doing the work and is not even returning the raw material. She…

Read More

I have given money to my friend without any agreement.Rs 2lacs in cash and RS 5 lacs in his account via rtgs.in Nov 2014 &2015 respectively.He was…

Read More

paid to friend "X" amount on Dec 2015 from my credit card account. Promised to return in 6 month, gave post dated cheque 6 nos. After that s…

Read More

I am working in a company and left job.some one file a recovery suit and mention my name. What should I do??…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue