Legal procedure to recover advance money from real estate firm

I paid a real estate firm total 9 lakhs as advance for booking a flat but now they are not refunding or giving any flat , so need to recover my paid amount. Plz advise which case can help me

Answers (2)

213 votes

Was there any Sale Agreement for the payment of said 9 lakhs? How much was total sale consideration? What is the reason for refund claim? Was there any breach of promise from the said Real Estate person?
Answers to the above question determines several options to resolve your concern. Depending upon the reasons for breach of contract and failure to repay, you can accordingly file a Recovery Case in Civil Court, Damages Case for deficiency of service in Consumer Court and Cheating Case in Criminal Court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

247 votes


If you have entered in to an agreement with the firm, u can enforce the terms of the agreement by filing suit for recovery of money or u can also file suit for specific performance and demand the builder to execute the sale deed.
or in alternative
U can also file a complaint before the consumer forum alleging deficiency in service and seek refund of the advance with interest
If u want to put more pressure u can lodge a complaint against the firm for having committed offenses of Criminal breach of trust and cheating.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I have already filed a regular civil recovery case om 04/09/2018..1st date after filing is given 18 sep.2018.. Now today i came to know that instead o…

Read More

I had taken a loan of 50,000 three yrs ago from a friend.. i had agreed to pay 4000 monthly intrest but it was not mention in the legal paper that i h…

Read More

Respected Sir/Madam My friend taken loan in private CHIT FUND company I put surety to my in year 2011. But with out any intimation are court attachmen…

Read More

My father had transferred around 2 lakh to the person who had promised him to gave pension plan of some company. all transaction is happens through NE…

Read More