Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Legal consequences in case took loan from someone and failed to pay

One person give me 12 lac as a investement...am agree with his...but now the total amt loss in share market...now wt action he will take...n wt case file against me...i ll pay all amt...but how many time n intrest pay me to him....by law....kindly ans my question asap...

Answers (3)

Kindly let me know if you have signed any agreement with regards to the said transaction. Also let me know as how did he pay you the amount in which form. Your lender can file a criminal case against you or a civil recovery suit. As per law it is on court's discretion to award the interest, the court always impose interest on the claim amount. For more detailed advice and any further clarification kindly book a consultancy call and provide me with more facts and details.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Hi. The lender has remedy against you both under civil as well as criminal law. He can file a police complaint against you for embezzling the amount lent to you. He can also simultaneously file a civil suit against you for recovery of money. He can claim interest on the lent amount anywhere between 18 to 24% but that depends on how much the court awards him. I suggest if you want to avoid the legal consequences then you give the lender certain security like gold or other valuable with proper documentation, until you are able to refund his money with interest as agreed.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
5 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
25 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
15 years Experience

Loan from any person is certainly binding you under liability to repay him. But what proof document and security you have given to secure loan from him are important factor. Interest computation are also part of your agreement. There is something call bank rate at which banks charge interest. Legal action against you depends on kind of agreements and security given to obtain loan.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Legal Notice for Recovery of Dues

4.5 | 394 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Recovery Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 457 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Recovery of Dues issue
Similar questions

if i had lend money to individual/company on 29.03.2013 ( extaclty 3 year back) what shall be deadline to file petition in court.…

Read More

Sir ,my father start a business with a private PVC pipe company in 2013, after one year company was not dealing with my father ,now the company is ask…

Read More

I purchased (registered) a flat/apartment in JAN 2014 in from a builder. The builder has shown the original papers of the property and gave EC certifi…

Read More

hi, Past 3years worked as a marketing manager in protech progressive technologies and non received of sales incentive and petrol allowances during thi…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue