quesIs Indian Contract Act applicable when the subjectmatter is subjudice?

1. Ram takes loan of Rs. 1,00,000/- in cash from Shyam. 2. Ram deposits the cash into his bank. 3. Shyam asks for his amount back from Ram. 4. Ram denies to give back. 5. Shyam lodges an FIR and also files a suit against Ram that the loan was taken by fraud and forgery. 6. Cases are pending in both the Criminal and Civil Courts. 7. Bank came to know that the amount kept in the name of Ram actually belongs to Shyam. 8. Bank handovers the amount to Shyam and issues a letter to Ram informing amount debited and closure of account. Is the Indian Contract Act section 39 appl. in a suit?

  • ansIt does not appear that section 39 of Indian contract act has any applicability to the given facts.
    Section 39 reads as follows:
    Effect of refusal of party to perform promise wholly.—When a party to a contract has refused to perform, or disabled himself from performing, his promise in its entirety, the promisee may put an end to the contract, unless he has signified, by words or conduct, his acquiescence in its continuance.

    Advocate Prasad Arvind Abhyankar

      Amravati Road, Nagpur

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Recovery lawyers in India

Similar questions

i have 2cr of loan and now i dont have anything to pay that loan.…

Sir i have financed for huDa plots jn karnal through govt bank in delhi. In…

Sir, i have written 3 books for publication ,they have also published the books. Now…

In case we own a car and get it insured and it gets stolen.. We…

Recovery Lawyers in India

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly