How to recovery money given to an acquaintance in good faith

Can i recover my money which i lent to an acquaintance in good faith? Money was given through bank transfer.

Answers (3)

231 votes

Yes you can proceed with suit in this case to recover money transferred online as proof of payment. You need to consult an send legal notice claiming refund of money and subsequently need to file suit. How ever details provided are too less to give adequate reply and remedy. Contact us on the number given in profile.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

126 votes

You can recover your money. You can file a civil suit for recovery of the amount. Your bank statement will be one of the proofs to support your case. Kindly note that limitation to file a civil recovery suit is of 3 years from the date of the transaction which is refreshed from the date of acknowledgement of debt. For any further clarification kindly book a consultancy call.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
322 votes

As per your short query
Can you recover your money which you lent to an acquaintance in good faith?
Yes you can recover same with intrest. Enitialy you have to send legal notice through Lawyer..... If you have not received positive reply within notice period you can file sute for recovery

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles