How to recover the 1/3 rent amount from the tenant which is a company

My office premises were given on rent to a multinational company in 2009 & the rent was divided in 3 parts & to be paid by cheques. 2 parts were in me & my brother's name & 3rd part was in the name of the building maintenance fund which is co-owned by me & my brother. The issue is that the company didn't give us the third part of rent in these 7 years. What is the means to get this amount? Can interest be claimed? If yes then what would be the rate of interest? I request you to send me the solution for the above issue at the earliest.

Answers (1)

280 votes

you can send them legal notice for the arrears of all the years.

once, you send them the notice and give them 2 weeks to pay the pending dues and also inform them that in case of non-payment of these dues, you will be forced to terminate the agreement.

once, 2 weeks are over and still the MNC does not pay them you send one more notice informing that due to non-payment of the pending dues, you are terminating their agreement and they should vacate the premises within 2 weeks.

MNC will surely pay the pending dues once these two notices are sent.!

hope this helps !

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles