How can I recover money borrowed by a friend

In Recovery Law

paid to friend "X" amount on Dec 2015 from my credit card account. Promised to return in 6 month, gave post dated cheque 6 nos. After that started giving excuse of no work, applied for loan, selling native place property. Currently not picking any mobile call. got information that he is in Bhuranpur, Madhya pradesh. Pl. suggest what is to be done.

Answers (2)

254 votes

You should deposit chequers and on dishonour initiate proceedings under s138 of negotiable instruments act. I think this wud be proper remedy. You can also file civil suit for recovery. Both options are available.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

171 votes

You can deposit those cheques and file cheque bounce case under section 138 of negotiable Instrument Act and you can also file case of criminal complaint u/s 406 & 420 i.e for breach of trust and cheating in criminal court.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles