How can I recover money borrowed by a friend

In Recovery Law

paid to friend "X" amount on Dec 2015 from my credit card account. Promised to return in 6 month, gave post dated cheque 6 nos. After that started giving excuse of no work, applied for loan, selling native place property. Currently not picking any mobile call. got information that he is in Bhuranpur, Madhya pradesh. Pl. suggest what is to be done.

You should deposit chequers and on dishonour initiate proceedings under s138 of negotiable instruments act. I think this wud be proper remedy. You can also file civil suit for recovery. Both options are available.

You can deposit those cheques and file cheque bounce case under section 138 of negotiable Instrument Act and you can also file case of criminal complaint u/s 406 & 420 i.e for breach of trust and cheating in criminal court.