×

quesGave money in a committee, now the owner is refusing to return it.

Some time back, i gave money on a committee, now the owner of the committee is refusing to return the money to me. What legal action can i take against him?

In what mode have you given the money to the committee and which type of committee is it? 

If the amount is paid in cash, has the committee chairman given any receipt or it was in cash?

You need to clarify facts, and why have you given the amount? Was it a donation or for which purpose?

• ansDear sir,

You may file a recovery suit against the committee owner. Few things that need to be considered before filling the case :
    1. Whether the amount give by you was given as a loan to the committee ? Or a donation?
    2. Do you have slips or anything else in writing to prove that you have given money to the committee?

If all the above things are meant, then you may proceed with filing a recovery suit.

For any other query you are advised to take services of an Advocate.

Advocate Ankit Mahajan

District Court, Tis Hazari, Delhi

• ansIn what mode you have given the money to the committee,which type of committee is it.If the amount is paid in cash have the committee chairman given any rec pit or it was in cash,you need to clarify facts,and why have you given the amount was it a donation or which purpose.

Advocate Ritesh Isaac

Bengali Market, Delhi

• Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only