Don't have funds to refund loan what should I do

In Recovery Law

i am having a loan on a land for business purpose for a long time. now the loan is more then 1 cores but i can not refund the money to the bank(state bank of india). the bank is given me a notice they are selling my land. if they can not get back the total money then what will they do. is the take the hole property of my family or only they take my property ??? 

Answers (1)

237 votes
They will first sell the property mortgaged, which does not require any orders from any Court of Law.
They will adjust the sale proceed against the loan amount. If further loan stands, then they will search for property in your name. They will file a suit before DRT and seek permission to sell it.
They can also proceed against the Guarnator in the same manner.
They cannot sell property standing in the name of any of your family members, unless you have right on that property

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
23 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
27 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
10 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."