Credit card settelement

I have a sbi credit card. from last 2 months i m not paying its bill. i want to settle my account. I am having conversation with bank executives on email and they said "We wish to inform you that your card account can be settled for Rs. ****** /- in two shots valid till 31/8/2016". I m not satisfied with this amount. Today two persons came to my place and said we are from sbi and ask about settlement. I want to know do they have right to come to my place and harass me for payment even i m continuous available on phone and replying through email.

It is my sincere advice that you should file a representation before the State Bank Credit Card authorities giving all the details of your transactions and grounds for your disagreement with the settlement amount given by the credit card department. However, bank employees can not threaten or harass you, although they can approach you and amicably discuss with you for the settlement of the issue.

no they can not come like that and harass you they will have to follow the legal procedure to recover money from you. however you can consult a lawyer to help you in the matter and he can negotiate with bank for the settlement on behalf of you.