Credit card settelement

I have a sbi credit card. from last 2 months i m not paying its bill. i want to settle my account. I am having conversation with bank executives on email and they said "We wish to inform you that your card account can be settled for Rs. ****** /- in two shots valid till 31/8/2016". I m not satisfied with this amount. Today two persons came to my place and said we are from sbi and ask about settlement. I want to know do they have right to come to my place and harass me for payment even i m continuous available on phone and replying through email.

Answers (2)

158 votes

It is my sincere advice that you should file a representation before the State Bank Credit Card authorities giving all the details of your transactions and grounds for your disagreement with the settlement amount given by the credit card department. However, bank employees can not threaten or harass you, although they can approach you and amicably discuss with you for the settlement of the issue.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

330 votes

no they can not come like that and harass you they will have to follow the legal procedure to recover money from you. however you can consult a lawyer to help you in the matter and he can negotiate with bank for the settlement on behalf of you.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles