×

quesConsultation firm took money to get me government job. Now delaying it

A consultation firm promised me to get government job for which we came into agreement and i gave 2 lacs for the same. NOw he is delaying the same and is not getting me any government job. He also gave me a post dated cheque of 1.2 lac, i feel like the cheque might bounce. I want to know how can i recover my money and will i get any interest on the amount?

If the consultation firm is not returning back your money then present the cheque, after intimating in writing(by way of RPAD), to the consultation firm that you wish to present the post dated cheque.

If the cheque gets bounced then you can file a Complaint before jurisdictional Magistrate U/s 138 of Negotiable Instrument Act against the firm.

Simultaneously if you have any written agreement between you and the firm then you can file a civil recovery suit before the appropriate civil court to recover the amount and you can claim for interest as well.

• ansTerms and conditions of the agreement need to be read and reviewed for further advice however you have recourse under The Indian Penal Code to initiate legal proceeding for cheating and fraud. Case can also be filed under Section 138 of the Negotiable Instrument act for cheque bounce .

Advocate Praneeta Sharma

Saiyad Ul Ajaib, Delhi

• ansIf the consultation firm is not returning back your money then present the cheque, after intimating in writing(by way of RPAD), to the consultation firm that you wish to present the post dated cheque. If the cheque gets bounced then you can file a Complaint before jurisdictional Magistrate U/s 138 of Negotiable Instrument Act against the firm. Simultaneously if you have any written agreement between you and the firm then you can file a civil recovery suit before the appropriate civil court to recover the amount and you can claim for interest as well.

Advocate Jagadish N

Adugodi, Bangalore

• Send Legal Notice For Recovery Of Dues with Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Recovery Legal Services