Company threatening father to file case against his son for recovery

Sir ,my father start a business with a private PVC pipe company in 2013, after one year company was not dealing with my father ,now the company is asking money name of due amount .they have my bank account cheque , and I am not proprietor or co-partner of my father's business ,.and company is threating suit your son in court and recover money with interest ..what should I do this time

First of all you have to tell if you are not a proprietor or co-partner of your father business why you give your bank account cheque to them. Second thing pls check when they stopped dealing with your father after that any bill is pending or not once you sure that all dues are clear then give them a legal notice to them for threatening .and do one thing visit your bank and stop payment of that concern cheque.

Shaniwar Peth, Pune