Clarification on recovery of money given to friend as a loan

I have give 2 Lakhs to my friend to help him for a tenure of 15 days only it is around 3 years and he has returned me only 25 can i recover the balance i am in touble due to this.. and all amount 2 lakh i have transered using NEFT

Answers (2)

318 votes

If your have documentary proof, you can file recovery suit, but the thing is for filing Recovery suit u have to pay stamp duty applicable to your case, further also note that if your friend executed any written documents or only NEFT is proof.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

266 votes

Send legal notice through lawyer..
File recovery suit for recovering your amount. The transaction is recorded and you have payment proof...but the other person may take defends that the money was due that is why you paid the amount, therefore you must have some evidence to show that the money you gave was a loan

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli
2 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles