Car loan unpaid for past 4 months now receiving threats from company

i have not paid car loan for past 4 months for Tata finance. Now they are threatening me that they will file complaint in police station and arrest me. Please help

Answers (3)

343 votes

Dear Sir / Madam,

They have right to file police complaint if you had submitted any forged document at the time of availing car loan. I need to understand based which grounds they gonna file police complaint.
And, I think this case is civil matter, police may not arrest you. I need to understand whether seized your car for not paying off the loan.

Better negotiate with them and settle the matter without stepping into police station.

Advocate. Niranjan.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

114 votes

There is no such provision to file complaint before Police for the non payment of installment. Instead they can seize your car any where, any time. Beware regarding seize!!!. There should be a hypothication agreement between you and your Financier which was signed by you. In that agreement they can seize your car if you are successive defaulter of 3 installment. They can and auctioned your car for their money.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
80 votes

they cannot file compliant before police and they can not arrest to you but they can cease the car it is better ask some more time to clear the balance and avoid to finance company to trace the car .

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles