Can I get back the money lent without any documents

I lent money to my husband's friend as they both wanted to start a company together. My husband's friend tricked us into the business and got Rs:2,80000 from us in cash and promised to register the company in my husband's name. Till date he has not yet registered and not returned the money. As I am the only earning member of my family I am in very bad financial condition. I need help and advice to make him pay back my money.

Answers (1)

73 votes

You can send a legal notice to him demanding the money that he own to you. If he does not reply to the legal notice then you file a civil suit for recovery of your amount under Order 37 of CPC which is a summery suit. You need to prove in the court that you gave him such amount. If you do not have any documentary evidence then you can prove it by circumstantial evidence. You can also file criminal proceedings under section 416 and 420 of IPC for cheating.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles