can i attach property of my friend's father to recover my money

Dear Sir/Madum, I loaned a longterm to my family friend for Rs 5L on promissory note. He dont have income or assets on his name, But his father was millionaire. Can I attach his father assets to claim the amount?. If he is unable to pay or not willing to pay then can I take action against him? Thanks, Hari

Answers (1)

152 votes

yes you can attach the property of the father but on that you have to first check is there is nothing on his name by ensuring by filling that affidavit if it false it will not in your favour.
so do it by the check that you can do it

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles