can i attach property of my friend's father to recover my money

Dear Sir/Madum, I loaned a longterm to my family friend for Rs 5L on promissory note. He dont have income or assets on his name, But his father was millionaire. Can I attach his father assets to claim the amount?. If he is unable to pay or not willing to pay then can I take action against him? Thanks, Hari

yes you can attach the property of the father but on that you have to first check is there is nothing on his name by ensuring by filling that affidavit if it false it will not in your favour.
so do it by the check that you can do it