Builder not provide property and proper response

I paid some amount to a builder account for a flat and he give me a notery as a document and he promised after one month we will complete all process all the registration process and hand over flat key within a year, after 20 day he died and his wife and all family members sayed we will do the work as per his promise but after one year they are still not starting the works and didn't give a proper response, please suggest what should what can i do?

This is my response to you :
1. Send them a legal notice;
2. If they still so not start work then file RERA complaint and ask for refund;
3. If RERA is not appicable for you then, file a suit for recovery of money;
4. Consult a local lawyer and take steps.

Dear sir
As per my suggestion I mostly dealt with real estate cases for this 1st you have to send one legal notice to the builder and wait for there rply if still they are not complied with your notice then you can take a legal action against the developer to filling Rera complaint if project is registered if not then you may approch consumer court