Builder not provide property and proper response

I paid some amount to a builder account for a flat and he give me a notery as a document and he promised after one month we will complete all process all the registration process and hand over flat key within a year, after 20 day he died and his wife and all family members sayed we will do the work as per his promise but after one year they are still not starting the works and didn't give a proper response, please suggest what should what can i do?

Answers (2)

194 votes

This is my response to you :
1. Send them a legal notice;
2. If they still so not start work then file RERA complaint and ask for refund;
3. If RERA is not appicable for you then, file a suit for recovery of money;
4. Consult a local lawyer and take steps.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

284 votes

Dear sir
As per my suggestion I mostly dealt with real estate cases for this 1st you have to send one legal notice to the builder and wait for there rply if still they are not complied with your notice then you can take a legal action against the developer to filling Rera complaint if project is registered if not then you may approch consumer court

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles