Builder Failed to Provide Handover Date & Not Refunding Advance Money

22-May-2024 (In Recovery Law)
I booked a flat in August 2018, expecting handover by March 2021 per agreement. Despite three years' delay, the builder hasn't provided a handover date. After raising a cancellation request, I've persistently followed up for a refund of Rs. 7,00,000 through various channels. Despite promises, the builder hasn't refunded the money within the agreed 15-day period. They've now blocked my contacts and aren't responding to emails. Seeking advice on addressing this harassment and securing justice.

Answer #1
Sir,

There are laws laid down in your favour, you will be able to recover your hard earned money of ₹7,00,000/- but for the same I have to first go through all the papers and documents executed between you and your builder, preferably the agreement of sale, etc. You can go to consumer forum and RERA against the builder to provide you speedy recovery and probable compensation.

We can discuss the same and proceed towards the same.

Regards,

Yashashwi
Helpful? LawRato LawRato