Younger brother claim a share in elder brother's self acquired plot

If my father has given me money to buy property on my own name can my younger brother can claim it for share

Answers (2)

158 votes

Technically yes. Any property purhcased from family funds is family property and all members are entitled to it. You need to ensure that the property is not purchased from family funds to absolve any such claim in future./

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

129 votes

Venerated Sir,
If your father had given money to buy property and in the consonance of that property has been purchased then your brother can not claim thereon. In such a condition you have only one option to prove that money is self acquired money earned by your father during his lifetime. Your bother have no right to claim in your purchased property because that money tends to self acquired property of your father. But situation will be changed in ancestral acquired money. feel free to call me for more assistance.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles