Wife's right in husband's share of property got from partition

My husband died in June last year . No division was done .There was no will. I have two sons and one daughter . My husband had got a plot of land from his father which is a ancestral property . On that plot my husband had constructed a building . Whether I have a right on ancestral Plot, or on building built by my husband or on both after his death.Or dont have any right on anything. Or I will get only maintenance ? Please advise.

Answers (3)

67 votes

Yes you and your sons and daughters have a full right on the said plot/building. You said there is no division. are there any other heirs to the father of your husband? If yes then there might be a trouble. If no, then you can freely go ahead.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

162 votes

You have right in your husband's property.
Definitely you can get share in your husband's property after his death.If you are senior citizen.Then you can also claim maintenance from your son's under senior Citizen Act.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Shashi Kant Sharma
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
276 votes

The property of a Hindu male dying intestate is distributed among his heirs in accordance with section 8 and 9 of The Hindu Succession Act, 1956. As per these the property of a Hindu dying intestate devolves upon his heirs of Class I who take the property to the exclusion of all other heirs. The property of an intestate shall be divided among the heirs in class I of the Schedule in accordance with the following rules:-
Rule 1.-The intestate’s widow, or if there are more widows than one, all the widows together, shall take one share.
Rule 2.-The surviving sons and daughters and the mother of the intestate shall each take one share

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles