Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Widow lady and her son was defrauded by their relative

I have my maid.Her 2 acres of agriculture land was taken by her Devar since she is an uneducated widow.She and her son gave thumb impression but they didn't know it was for property transfer.She is cheated by all people associated with the deal.Can she get her land back?

Answers (4)

Yes definitely she can get her land back. For this one civil litigation for injunction needs to be filed so that the cheaters can be restrained to alienate it further. Also offence under section 420 of IPC and other relevant sections can be registered before the police station......for which the persons involved can also be punished for doing the above act.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

If the property is ancestral, then in that case legal right in the property can not be just take away by thumb impression. Weather the thumb was taken before sub-registrar and what document it was executed. First you have to find out on which paper they have given their thumb, where that documents have been produced. You can challenge the transaction if you have not received any consideration or if your thumb is taken by fraud, or by threatening. But all this action has to be taken as early as possible.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
25 years Experience
Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
17 years Experience

it is difficult to answer the query without perusing the document executed by your maid. Nevertheless, she would be entitled to claim the said land if she can prove that she was cheated and her thumb impression was taken without her consent or was taken out of coercion. Also, we will have to examine whether the Ageeemebt is executed fulfills the mandates of the contract act

We cannot expect as to the way in which the papers with thumb impressions will be misused. but since you are stating that the property is agricultural land, you can always lodge complaints with the concerned government departments requesting them to restrain from making any changes to the records without intimating you.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Document Review - Gift Deed

4.3 | 37 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 3499
Review + 30 Min phone call - Gift Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Gift Deed

4.6 | 182 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 6999
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Gift Deed drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Sale Deed

4.8 | 73 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 4999
Review + 30 Min phone call - Sale Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Property Registration

4.7 | 291 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 9999
Get your property registered through an experienced local advocate
Title Opinion Report

4.8 | 193 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 4999
Get a detailed Title Opinion Report by expert real estate lawyers in your city
Draft an Agreement to Sell

4.9 | 94 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 6000
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Agreement to sell drafted by a local experienced advocate
Property Verification / Due Diligence

4.8 | 421 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 7499
Property Verification, Title Search and due diligence conducted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.4 | 24 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Property Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 541 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on your Property Matter
Document Review - Agreement to Sell

4.7 | 108 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 1999
Review + 30 Min phone call - Agreement to Sell review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement

4.6 | 197 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 9999
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Heir / Succession Certificate

4.8 | 71 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 19999
Apply for a Legal Heir / Succession Certificate through a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

My aunt is having property dispute with one of her relative. Previously she had taken education loan against the property (her own house as a mortgage…

Read More

Father acquired a plot of land when his children were minor. He added the names of minor sons later but not a major daughter. Now sons are major. Fath…

Read More

I have a plot for sale in UP. One broker fixed my meeting with the buyer. The buyer gave me cash of Rs 5000 in hand and on his diary page having horiz…

Read More

My father have 2 sons and 1daughter.Hindu family.He buy a land in 1978.His daughter got married in 1976.My father died 1990.That land document name is…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue