What to do if there is a difference in deceased person's name

my father is no more. the death certificate name is in initials only. while in various documents like bank post office deposit name is in full. what needs to be done.

Answers (2)

53 votes

You may request with the Mcd to amend the death certificate with sufficient proof of government documents such Aadhaar Card, Pan Card, Voter Card, Ration card to substantiate his name.

You may do so by visiting the office in person Yourself

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

218 votes

Hi sir/mam
You shall apply for modification of name apication to change the name in death certificate.
For will related/property related issue feel free to have a word with me

All the best,
Adv sahej uban

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles