What is the share of a daughter in fathers property

I have a mother and father. I am 02 brothers and 03 systers. All the ancestral land of my grand father has been divided amongst my fathers and uncles. Now these lands are in the name of my father. My sisters want to divide these lands and want to take his part. But my father says that all these lands are in the name of him. So daughters have no right to take these lands without his consent. My fathers dont want to give any part of the land to his daughters. As my sisters donot lookafter my fathers so my father dont want to share the property to his daughter. We both brothers look after my father. And my father want to give all the properties to me and my brother. Is it possible. My sister will file a writ petition. So what precautionery step should i done. Viz Gift deed by my father to me and my brother or any other procedure to be followed by us to make the property our own name. If gift deed possible then please send me the proforma of gift deed of land. We are HINDU.

Answers (2)

85 votes

If the property is ancestral in nature , then your sisters have right over it. This is law of the land. However, if it has been proved that land/property which is/are in the name of your father ,then you have a case.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

228 votes

After introducing Amndment in Hindu Succession Act,2005 daughters are entitled for equal share as par son in ancestral property also. It is their legal right and can't be defeated. But for this they will have to approach civil court.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles