What is Step Aunt's Share In Paternal Property ?

Is there any way by which my step aunt will not get any share in the paternal property? My grandfather had two sons. Elder son has 2 sons and 3 daughters. Younger son has 1 son and 1 daughter from first wife and 1 son from step wife. In case of divorce of the younger son, will his step wife and step son be liable for property rights? If yes, then is there any way to deprive them of these rights?

Answers (2)

114 votes

In ancestral property, all legal heirs are entitled to it. Only Will can take away the right of succession and limit the number of claimants. It is advisable to have the documents drafted by expert to limit the scope of problems

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

252 votes

Venerated Sir,
According to Indian law divorcee wife cannot claim right over the ancestral property because when is no more or part of the family. Wife have only right to claim maintenance from her husband for certain period of time unless and untill she makes marriage to other. Feel free to give valuable feddback call whenever be free.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles