What is a daughter's right on father & mother property

Sir my sister has done love marriage with army person does she has rights on my Father Ad mothers property

Answers (3)

345 votes

If she had done love marriage then still she is entitled for the share in the family property. If the property stands out in the name of your father and mother then in future she will also be entitled.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

349 votes

This is M.A RAHEEM KHAN Advocate, From :Hyderabad , @ lawrato.com

Yes she have right in Parent property, if your father and mother self acquired the property, then they can sale, transfer or gift to any person, if the property acquired by your parents from their ancestors then they have to give share to our sister, for more details kindly consult me through this website.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
198 votes

if the property is the joint family property and other than the self acquired the daughter will get absolute right over the property and mere marrying through love wont effect her right over the schedule property

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles